Monday, September 14, 2009

Connect'09 - a delight

September 10th,11th and 12th of 2009 are the three days I would never forget in my life. It was a top of the world feeling to talk to few people whom I have hitherto seen only on the television. The event started off with Unconference, which basically isn't a conference. I was apparently part of the organising team of the social media department and had not much of work on that day. In fact, Mr Kiruba Shankar, the organiser of Unconference made things very simple and easy. I had a great time working with him. He is an influential figure in the blogging circle and is the CEO of Business blogging and is in the board of directors of wikipedia. Now, doesn't that sound great??? Thanks to Senthil anna. It was he who helped me be a part of the organising team of this conference.

That's our team.
On the 1st day of the main conference I missed the plenary sessions due to my electronic system design laboratory exam, however, made it to the cocktail party and networking dinner in the evening :P.
The second and last day of the conference is when I spent some time with a few members of our team whom I met for the first time only a day before - Srinidhi, Radhika, Anuj, Prashanti and Harish. You know, it is nice to see new people and to make friends with them. Now, coming to the most important part. Where else would I get to network with great corporate giants and IAS officers like Mr S Gopalakrishnan, Mr Gopal Srinivisan, Mr Santhosh Babu, Mr Lakshmi Narayanan, Mr Anil Menon, Mr Mahalingam and many many more? I really pity few friends of mine who missed this opportunity.

1 comment:

Srinithya Ramamurthy said...

I do REGRET a lot for missing that... :(

Count my fame!

hit counter
 
Template by clever kitten | Pattern from: ava7 | Header image from Karen's Whimsy