Thursday, January 14, 2010

Three idiots watched '3 idiots'

It was bhogi yesterday - the day before pongal when most of the residents in Tamil Nadu go berserk and burn up everything they see. Who cares what the Copenhagen summit was for? I had class yesterday, just one hour. While the lazy me made me even lazier, the sincere me forced me to college. I somehow made it to college just on time only to know that the class got cancelled. Ya, I did become frustrated. In fact, all three of us. Three idiots who came to college to attend just one hour. There is a limit to sincerity, I thought. So, a normal teenager has no other option other than a movie, isn't it? :P

Now, about 3 idiots. A good entertainer. But, I really don't find any element that should make anyone go crazy and say I can watch it for thousand times also. Of course, there are many things I liked about the film. The flow of ideas, jokes, dialogues and picturisation.

At the same time, there were some stupid scenes and logical lapses as well. The movie sort of trivialized some very serious issues - for example, the delivery of Pia's sister. That was stupid. And so was taking Raju's father to the hospital on Pia's bike. Aamir, who usually portrays reality in his films, has given not much thought to it this time. I feel that the chilled out mood was too heavy and cloying that even the supposed-to-be emotional scenes were not so emotional. The idea of revamping the educational system was not effectively communicated. Such an idea that has a powerful impact on the society should have a better script and screenplay to reach people effectively.

Whatever it is, I appreciate the entire crew for their efforts. The choice of actors is perfect. My favourite character of the movie is Virus, only because it has been beautifully carved by Boman Irani. If you have any reason to watch the movie for the second time, it should be only this - for Boman Irani.

Single line: Aal izz naat well.

No comments:

Count my fame!

hit counter
 
Template by clever kitten | Pattern from: ava7 | Header image from Karen's Whimsy